Replica of Peter the Great's Dutch House Planned for MoscowBreaking News
tags: Russia, Netherlands, Moscow, Peter the Great, tsar
A joint project undertaken by Russian and Dutch engineers will see the creation of a replica of Peter the Great’s house in the Netherlands in Kolomenskoye Park. The construction is part of the 2013 Russia – the Netherlands Bilateral Year, said Major Anton Goncharov, a representative of the Defense Ministry’s press service, in an interview with Interfax.
The Netherland’s 101st Engineer Battalion will work alongside the engineering brigade of Russia’s Western Military District to create the replica, with construction scheduled to begin this October, Interfax reported.
The Dutch military delegation arrived in Moscow at the end of August to discuss building plans for the full-scale replica....
comments powered by Disqus
- How the Religious Right Has Transformed the Supreme Court
- Down With Judicial Supremacy!
- A Neighborhood’s Race Affects Home Values More Now Than in 1980
- H.R. McMaster on Trump's White House and American National Security (Video)
- Trump's Praise of Robert E. Lee Gets Pushback from Minnesotans Proud of State's Role at Gettysburg
- Look What Has Been Taken From Black Americans
- Watching “Watchmen” as a Descendant of the Tulsa Race Massacre
- The Harvard Community Reflects on the Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- TODAY: Eric Weitz "A World Divided: The Global Struggle for Human Rights in the Age of Nation-States"
- Russian Police Detain History Professor After Protest