Top 3 Needs For Happy Life — Fascinating Changes Since 1938Breaking News
Eighty years ago the top three things people thought were most important for happiness were security, knowledge and religion.
By 2014 only security was still in the top three, and the other two spots had changed to good humour and leisure.
Meanwhile religion had dropped to tenth, and last place.
The results come from two surveys carried out almost 80 years apart.
For both surveys people in Bolton, England replied to an advert asking them to answer the question “What is happiness?”
comments powered by Disqus
- He Escaped Death as a Kamikaze Pilot. 70 Years Later, He Told His Story.
- The Trump Administration Just Made the Citizenship Test Harder. How Would You Do?
- Trump Hints at Another Act in Four Years, Just Like Grover Cleveland
- Laws and Customs Guide Presidential Transitions — But Some Go off the Rails Anyway
- Democrats Introduce Legislation to Strike Slavery Exception in 13th Amendment
- Washington History Seminar: Mira Siegelberg on "Statelessness: A Modern History" (Monday, Dec. 7)
- Beloved University of Kentucky History Professor Dies from COVID-19 Months into Retirement
- David Hackett, Historian and Holocaust Expert, Dies at 80
- American History Scholar Richard Polenberg Dies at 83
- What Does African American Studies Need to Thrive?