History professor’s constant "dumb blonde" remarks forced me to dye my hair, claims Stony Brook student in lawsuitHistorians in the News
tags: sexism, Stony Brook University, Erin Mosier, Sexual Discrimination
An ex-Stony Brook University student says her undergraduate advisor called her a “dumb blonde” so often that she became a brunette just to shut him up.
Erin Mosier, 24, made the claim in a Manhattan federal court lawsuit that accuses Stony Brook history professor Larry Frohman — who was her teacher and academic advisor — of sexually discriminating against her.
“You have to prove to me you are not just an airhead dumb blonde with a pretty face,” Frohman once told Mosier in front of the student’s mother, the lawsuit said.
“Can you get through all of your blonde?” Frohman told Mosier once when she asked him to explain an issue after class, the lawsuit claims.
Frohman’s repeated remarks about Mosier’s brassy locks made her “so uncomfortable with her appearance that she changed her hair color from blonde to brown,” according to the Manhattan federal court. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Santae Tribble, Whose Wrongful Conviction Revealed FBI Forensic Hair Match Flaws, Dies at 59
- Crowd Rallies to Keep Confederate Memorial in Downtown St. Augustine
- As Divisions Threaten America, The Pressure To Cancel Presidents Is Dangerous
- Trump is Going All In on Divisive Culture Wars. That Might not Work this Time.
- Redskins, Indians and the Long Push to Drop Native American Mascots
- How to Confront a Racist National History
- The Politics of Race are Shifting, and Politicians are Struggling to Keep Pace
- Trump’s Push to Amplify Racism Unnerves Republicans who have Long Enabled Him
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments