August 6, 2019
Hillary and Chelsea Clinton are writing their first book together about 'gutsy' women through historyBreaking News
Simon & Schuster announced Tuesday that the book will come out Oct. 1. It’s the first time the former secretary of state and presidential candidate has written a book with her daughter. Each has published several previous works, including Hillary Clinton’s “What Happened” and “Living History” and Chelsea Clinton’s children’s book “She Persisted: 13 American Women Who Changed the World. ”
“The Book of Gutsy Women” includes portraits of more than 100 women, including presidential candidate Shirley Chisholm, Saudi activist Manal al-Sharif, entertainer Ellen DeGeneres and author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. The Clintons also will tell of heroines among their friends and family members.
“To us, they are all gutsy women — leaders with the courage to stand up to the status quo, ask hard questions, and get the job done,” Hillary Clinton said in a statement. “This book is a continuation of a conversation Chelsea and I have been having since she was a little girl, and we are excited to welcome others into that conversation.”
Chelsea Clinton said in a statement that the women in their book “share a fierce optimism that their work and lives will make a difference in the world.”
comments powered by Disqus
- The Exhibit Lauded Freedom of Expression. It Was Silenced.
- What 1860 and 1968 can teach America about the 2020 presidential election
- Nevada Sen. Cortez Masto introduces bill to honor women’s suffrage with series of new quarters
- Hillary and Chelsea Clinton are writing their first book together about 'gutsy' women through history
- The Hotel Historian Is at Your Service
- 2 New Podcast Episodes Discuss How the Republican Party became the Party of Trump and CIA "Black Sites"
- ‘Karl Marx: Philosophy and Revolution’ Review: On the Marxist Question
- Tony Platt Reviews Simon Schama’s The Embarrassment of Riches: An Interpretation of Dutch Culture in the Golden Age
- Professor Breaks Down U.S. Racism, Trump’s ‘Ugliness’ In 3 Powerful Minutes
- ‘Charles I's Killers in America’ Review: Regicides on the Run