Rick Perry recommended former ambassador, historian Daniel Yergin for Ukraine reforms-U.S. Energy DeptHistorians in the News
tags: historians, Ukraine, Rick Perry
U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry recommended Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy’s administration talk with Daniel Yergin, a Pulitzer Prize winning energy historian, and Carlos Pascual, a former ambassador to Ukraine, on energy reforms, an U.S. Energy Department official said on Monday.
Perry also recommended Zelenskiy’s administration talk to industry experts including Texas businessmen Michael Bleyzer, a Ukrainian-American, and Robert Bensh, a frequent visitor to Ukraine, as well as unnamed Energy Department experts on a visit in May for the inauguration the Ukraine president, the official said on condition of anonymity.
Perry attended Zelenskiy’s inauguration as a last minute replacement for U.S. Vice President Mike Pence.
The visit has drawn scrutiny as Democrats in the U.S. House have requested documents related to Perry’s activities in Ukraine as part of their impeachment investigation of President Donald Trump. Perry himself has not been subpoenaed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire