Click HERE for our latest articles.
Definitions & Background
- Historians on the Hot Seat
- What Is Plagiarism?
- AHA: Statement on Standards of Professional Conduct
- OAH: Professional Integrity
- OAH Resolution on Honesty and Integrity
- When Did Plagiarism Become a Crime? Katie Brynn
- Famous Plagiarists
- Plagiarism: You Know It When You See It (Really?) Keith R. St. Onge
- Books about the scandals involving historians accused of plagiarism
Individuals Accused of PlagiarismDoris Kearns Goodwin
- How the Goodwin Story Developed
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Should Resign as a Harvard Overseer Harvard Crimson Editorial
- Three New Books (Doris Kearns Goodwin) Philip Nobile
- Alex Haley's Advice to Ambrose and Goodwin Philip Nobile
- Strain at a Gnat, but Swallow a Camel: With Ambrose and Goodwin in Mind Keith Miller
- How Doris Kearns Goodwin Came to Resemble Lyndon Johnson Rick Perlstein
- The Los Angeles Time's Secret List on Doris Kearns Goodwin Philip Nobile
- How the Ambrose Story Developed
- In Defense of Stephen Ambrose Richard Jensen
- Poll: Is Stephen Ambrose a Serial Plagiarist?
- HNN's complete coverage of the VanDeMark case
- The Official Reprimand of Brian VanDeMark (U.S. Naval Academy).
- Ann Lane's Dissertation Nathan Williams
- Historical Fraud and the Seduction of Ideas: The Poulshock Case Jerome Sternstein
- The Case of Louis Roberts John Monfasani
- Was Philip Foner Guilty of Plagiarism?
- Should Jayme Sokolow Still Be Published? John Sucharski
- I Stood Accused of Plagiarism Stephen Oates
- Did Alan Dershowitz Borrow Shamelessly from a Discredited History Book? Norman G. Finkelstein
- Another Case of Plagiarism--This Time by a Journalist (Glenn Mitchell) Rick Shenkman
- James MacKay Robert V. Bruce
- Matthew Whittaker
What Should Be Done About Plagiarism
- HNN Poll: Should the American Historical Association Stop Investigating Scholars Who Commit Fraud and Plagiarism?
- 2002: Year of the Scandal
- The Year When We Got Caught Ralph Luker
- Should Students Be Allowed to Get Away with Plagiarism? Matthew Warshauer
- Reporter's Notebook: Impressions of the 117th Annual Meeting of the American Historical Association, Chicago, 2003
- How Academics Responded to My Book About Plagiarism Thomas Mallon
comments powered by Disqus
- They Survived the Worst Battles of World War II. And Died of the Virus.
- The Story Of How The First White Member Of Delta Sigma Theta Was A Segregationist’s Worst Nightmare
- On This Day in 1943: White Workers Riot After Black Workers Promoted in Mobile, Alabama
- Rhody McCoy, Key Figure in New York’s School Wars, Dies at 97
- Curator's Cut: An Inside Look at DC's Suffrage Exhibits (Wednesday May 27, 7:00 PM EDT)