Institution: Texas Woman's University
The Department of History and Political Science at Texas Woman’s University invites applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of History position beginning fall 2020. The successful applicant will be broadly trained in American History with a primary field in the 19th century. Subfields are open, although preference will be given to Borderlands, American West, or Cultural History. A preferred candidate will support our growing emphasis in Public History. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. in History or American Studies and demonstrate a commitment to excellence in und ...
Posted Sep 16th 2019
Institution: Organization of American Historians
The Organization of American Historians (located at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana), the largest professional association devoted to the teaching, research, and presentation of United States history, seeks a new Executive Director. The director oversees the administrative offices of the Organization and will work as an advocate for American history more broadly. The OAH claims over 7,000 members, a staff of fifteen, and an annual budget of more than two million dollars. The Annual Meeting of the Organization is the largest and most diverse gathering of his ...
Posted Aug 20th 2019
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream