SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Michelle Kelley
“History provides lessons on how to pit popular culture against Internet hate speech and racist propaganda.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
In her new book Donna Zuckerberg explains how the Alt-Right have adopted the classics and why.
by Audrea Lim
How the 'Model minority" myth blends with racist ideology.
SOURCE: New Republic
by Josephine Livingstone
The alt right is appropriating medieval studies and classical scholarship. What can academics do to stop them?
by Jeffrey Herf
What we do – and do not – have to worry about.
by Ed Simon
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
Salon suggests Paul Gottfried, "a retired Jewish political historian,” was a founder of the Alt-Right
It was Gottfried who coined the term Alt-Right. (He also came up with Paleoconservative.)
SOURCE: The Conversation
by George Michael
How did the movement gain traction in recent years? And now that Trump has won, could the alt-right change the American political landscape?
- These Portraits Revolutionized the Way Queer Women Were Seen in the 1970s
- “Decades in the Making”: How Mainstream Conservatives & Right-Wing Money Fueled the Capitol Attack
- What the FBI Had on Grandpa
- Franco: Melilla Enclave Removes Last Statue of Fascist Dictator on Spanish Soil
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti Obituary
- For Many, an Afro isn’t Just a Hairstyle
- With Free Medical Clinics and Patient Advocacy, the Black Panthers Created a Legacy in Community Health That Still Exists Amid COVID-19
- With a Touch of Wisdom: Human Rights, Memory, and Forgetting
- New Exhibit Reckons With Glendale's Racist Past as ‘Sundown Town'
- The Broken System: What Comes After Meritocracy?