by David E. Bernstein
They don't like her recent book and dismiss her comments about the recent split between the Koch brothers and Donald Trump.
Duke Historian Nancy MacLean says many architects of the libertarian movement "seem to be on the autism spectrum”
by Troy Earl Camplin
The claim has aroused the ire of both libertarians and autistic people.
In an interview she discusses her book “Democracy in Chains” and the evil genius of the Koch brothers’ donor network.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Sam Tanenhaus
How the Nobel Prize–winning economist James M. Buchanan shaped today’s antigovernment politics.
SOURCE: New Republic
by Alan Wolfe
A right-wing economist’s plan to rig democracy for the rich.
NYT’s review of Nancy MacLean’s book, “Democracy in Chains,” ignores the debate about her use of evidence
by Heather Boushey
The review was written by an economist.
Review of Nancy MacLean’s “Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right’s Stealth Plan for America”
by Ron Briley
The story of MacLean’s discovery of the alliance between an obscure economist and the Koch Brothers.
SOURCE: Rick Perlstein's Facebook page
by Rick Perlstein
"The foundation of the entire book is a conspiracy theory that suggests that if you understand THIS ONE SECRET PLAN, you understand the rise of the right in America in its entirety."
SOURCE: Moyers & Company
Nancy MacLean says before her research she had never heard of the conservative who is front & center in her new book on democracy
She focused on him after discovering information that was “shocking.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
She alleges her critics are tied to the Koch network.
by George Leef
MacLean is the author of "Democracy in Chains," a book that takes on the radical right.
- History Says Bloomberg 2020 Would Be a Sure Loser
- Then and now: How Trump impeachment hearing is different
- Poland asks Netflix to make changes to documentary about Nazi death camp guard
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Russian Historian Professor, Found With Bag of Severed Arms, Admits He Killed Student
- Black Perspectives Publishes Online Forum: "Researching, Teaching, and Embodying the Black Diaspora"
- Distinguished professor, civil war historian James I. “Bud” Robertson Jr. passes away
- Noel Ignatiev, scholar who called for abolishing whiteness, dies at 78
- Historians Elizabeth Catte, Rebecca Solnit, and Peniel Joseph Quoted in Washington Post Article, "The Democrats Are Moving Left. Will America Follow?"
- When Southern Historians Made History Themselves