SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
by Steve Fraser
The Great Depression and the Climate Crisis, New Deals Then and Now.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
His latest book, “Winter War: Hoover, Roosevelt And The First Clash Over The New Deal” ― is an engaging, character-driven tour through the philosophical debates and political knife-fighting at the nadir of the Great Depression.
Hamburgers Have Been Conscripted Into the Fight Over the Green New Deal. The History of American Beef Shows Why
by Joshua Specht
Hamburgers are the newest front in the culture wars.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Louis Hyman
If we are going to fund a Green New Deal, we need to acknowledge how the original actually worked.
by Ed Simon
The idea of the “commons” as a space of collective ownership, responsibility, engagement, and possibility must be a metaphor that the left draws from rhetorically.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
The Green New Deal’s mastermind is a precocious New Yorker with big ambitions. Sound familiar?
by James Brewer Stewart
The Green New Dealers, the Abolitionists and the “Right Side of History”
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Charles Lane
Politically powerful as the invocation of America’s great collective deeds under Franklin D. Roosevelt might be, however, it is historically misleading — deeply so.
by Michael Brenes
If progressives want to pass environmental legislation, they should pay attention to what happened 50 years ago.
- Brexit will ultimately destabilise Europe, historians fear
- The Justinianic Plague's Devastating Impact Was Likely Exaggerated
- 'Human, vulnerable and perfect': New Rosa Parks exhibit shines light on civil rights legend
- How Charlottesville’s Echoes Forced New Zealand to Confront Its History
- Mary Thompson Featured in Article on George Washington's Dog Breeding
- China Releases History Professor, But Travel Concerns Persist
- Gordon Wood Interviewed on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Books by Garret Martin, Balazs Martonffy, Ronald Suny, and Kelly McFarland Featured in Article on NATO at 50
- The secret history of women in America, told through their belongings
- Irish Archive Recreates Documents Lost in in 1922 fire