SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Reva Siegel and Stacie Taranto
The most famous suffragists largely weren’t antiabortion and wanted women to have more control over their bodies.
by Jane R. Plitt
We should also acknowledge the role of the suffrage movement in supporting the launch of modern franchising begun by Martha Matilda Harper in 1891.
SOURCE: New York Times
What is forward-moving about reiterating an error in an effort to correct for it?
- They Survived the Worst Battles of World War II. And Died of the Virus.
- The Story Of How The First White Member Of Delta Sigma Theta Was A Segregationist’s Worst Nightmare
- On This Day in 1943: White Workers Riot After Black Workers Promoted in Mobile, Alabama
- Rhody McCoy, Key Figure in New York’s School Wars, Dies at 97
- Curator's Cut: An Inside Look at DC's Suffrage Exhibits (Wednesday May 27, 7:00 PM EDT)