by Ed Simon
There is a direct ideological thread that runs from the early explorers of the Caribbean and South America and the current environmental catastrophe unfolding in the Brazilian rainforest as fire burns its way across the length of a land which was once called paradise.
The climate change that TIME in the 1980s warned might be possible has already come to pass, and the damage it causes is starkly plain.
- They Survived the Worst Battles of World War II. And Died of the Virus.
- The Story Of How The First White Member Of Delta Sigma Theta Was A Segregationist’s Worst Nightmare
- On This Day in 1943: White Workers Riot After Black Workers Promoted in Mobile, Alabama
- Rhody McCoy, Key Figure in New York’s School Wars, Dies at 97
- Curator's Cut: An Inside Look at DC's Suffrage Exhibits (Wednesday May 27, 7:00 PM EDT)