by Daniel K. Williams
Every Democratic presidential nominee for the past thirty years has had a degree from either Harvard or Yale.
by David Austin Walsh
MIT's Craig Wilder on the role slavery played in the founding and rise of the Ivy League.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island — Brown University has chosen a University of British Columbia history professor to be the new director and librarian of the John Carter Brown Library.Neil Safier will assume his new job at Brown in October. He succeeds Edward Widmer, who last year was named an assistant to the president for special projects....
SOURCE: The Dartmouth
Whenever people inquired about his profession, former College President James Wright would tell them he was just a teacher, or a historian. Wright will retire this year after over four decades at the College, both as an administrator and beloved history professor. Wright served as president from 1998 to 2009.When he arrived on campus in the fall of 1969, Dartmouth was an all-male institution with little diversity. Though Dartmouth’s demographics have changed, it still values and encourages strong student-faculty relationships and a commitment to undergraduate teaching, he said.During his time as president, Wright said he was glad he could provide more support for faculty and expand financial aid for students. He grew the size and compensation of Dartmouth’s faculty, developed the College’s capital campaign, the Campaign for the Dartmouth Experience, and oversaw expansive construction efforts on campus. The Fahey and McLane and McLaughlin residence halls were built and the Alumni Gymnasium was renovated....
- They Survived the Worst Battles of World War II. And Died of the Virus.
- The Story Of How The First White Member Of Delta Sigma Theta Was A Segregationist’s Worst Nightmare
- On This Day in 1943: White Workers Riot After Black Workers Promoted in Mobile, Alabama
- Rhody McCoy, Key Figure in New York’s School Wars, Dies at 97
- Curator's Cut: An Inside Look at DC's Suffrage Exhibits (Wednesday May 27, 7:00 PM EDT)