by Georgie Blalock
The more details people craved about the Princess, the more the press found ways to provide them, revealing both the good and bad about Princess Margaret's life and fame.
by Seán Williams
This year historians, tourists, and a fair few locals will be celebrating in Schloss Roseau. Why?
by Ed Simon
How the History of England's 17th Century Civil War, the American Revolution, and the American Civil War Shows the Shutdown's Potential to Spur Radical Change
SOURCE: Richard Norton
Although it is not a documentary film, much of its history about lesbianism in the court of Queen Anne is fairly accurate – or at least accurately reflects contemporary views about Queen Anne.
SOURCE: National Post (Canada)
He was buried in an unmarked grave, but finally Richard III is to get a tomb fit for a king.British officials say they will spend US$1.5 million interring the 15th-century ruler, whose skeleton was found earlier this year beneath a parking lot in the central England city of Leicester.Officials at Leicester Cathedral said Thursday that Richard will be buried “with honor beneath a raised tomb within a specially created area in the cathedral.” The plans also include a new floor and a stained glass window....
- The History Briefing on the 30th Anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall
- History Says Bloomberg 2020 Would Be a Sure Loser
- Then and now: How Trump impeachment hearing is different
- Poland asks Netflix to make changes to documentary about Nazi death camp guard
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Historian James McPherson Interviewed by the World Socialist Web Site on History of Slavery and NYT's 1619 Project
- Black Perspectives Publishes Online Forum: "Researching, Teaching, and Embodying the Black Diaspora"
- Distinguished professor, civil war historian James I. “Bud” Robertson Jr. passes away
- Noel Ignatiev, scholar who called for abolishing whiteness, dies at 78
- Historians Elizabeth Catte, Rebecca Solnit, and Peniel Joseph Quoted in Washington Post Article, "The Democrats Are Moving Left. Will America Follow?"