SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
Moira Weigel, Justin E.H. Smith, Mark Greif, Ethan Kleinberg, Marjorie Perloff, Jessica Burstein, Seo-Young Chu, David Bromwich, Anna Kornbluh, and Steven Weinberg reflect on the past, present, and future of postmodernism.
SOURCE: National Review
NRO contributor Victor Davis Hanson is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution. His latest book is The Savior Generals, published this spring by Bloomsbury Books.In the globally connected and affluent world of the 21st century, we thankfully have evolved a long way from the elemental poverty, hunger, and ethnic, religious, and racial hatred that were mostly the norm of the world until the last century.Yet who would know of such progress — and the great sacrifices made to achieve it — from the howls of our postmodern oppressed? In fact, the better life has become, the more victimized modern affluent Westerners seem to act.
- Will The Coronavirus Change How Skeptics Think About Science?
- Pandemic Journal, March 30–April 5
- Myron Rolle, now a doctor treating coronavirus patients, draws on football background in crisis
- Will the Virus Trigger a Second Arab Spring?
- Comfort From a 102-Year-Old Who has Lived Through a Flu Pandemic, the Depression and WWII