by L.E.J. Rachell
From COINTELPRO to Black Lives Matter.
SOURCE: African American Intellectual History Society
by Bobby Cervantes
Sylvie Laurent’s new book about the Poor Peoples Campaign is not far removed from the political scene today.
SOURCE: NY Times
by Mehrsa Baradaran
Nixon’s solution for racial ghettos was tax breaks and incentives, not economic justice.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Kellie Carter Jackson
Without access to political rights, violence becomes a crucial tool in the fight for freedom.
by L.E.J. Rachell
We need to go back to CORE to have a better understanding of the ongoing antiracist movement.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
"After Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised their fists in silent protest, sports legend Brent Musburger wrote a hateful screed comparing them to Nazis. It’s time for him to say ‘sorry.’ "
SOURCE: Mo4ch News
Fifty years ago this Thursday, a pivotal speech in Greenwood, Mississippi radically changed the direction of the global civil rights movement forever – when Trinidadian immigrant Stokely Carmichael popularized the phrase “Black Power.”
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Benjamin Hedin
Only a few miles away from where the legendary march began, a new phase of civil-rights activism gathered momentum.
SOURCE: The Guardian
New biography of Darcus Howe claims struggle is ignored because it does not fit idea of Britain as 'utopia of fair play'.
- Brexit will ultimately destabilise Europe, historians fear
- The Justinianic Plague's Devastating Impact Was Likely Exaggerated
- 'Human, vulnerable and perfect': New Rosa Parks exhibit shines light on civil rights legend
- How Charlottesville’s Echoes Forced New Zealand to Confront Its History
- Mary Thompson Featured in Article on George Washington's Dog Breeding
- China Releases History Professor, But Travel Concerns Persist
- Gordon Wood Interviewed on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Books by Garret Martin, Balazs Martonffy, Ronald Suny, and Kelly McFarland Featured in Article on NATO at 50
- The secret history of women in America, told through their belongings
- Irish Archive Recreates Documents Lost in in 1922 fire