Harvard Law Professor Susan Crawford argues that the regulatory system for electric utilities established by Franklin Roosevelt in the 1930s is a model for necessary reforms to the telecommunicatins industry to ensure all Americans can access the internet.
SOURCE: LA Times
The Monopoly game was the brainchild of a woman named Lizzie Magie at the turn of the 20th century.
SOURCE: The New Republic
by Jen Doll
The surprising origins of a beloved board game
- They Survived the Worst Battles of World War II. And Died of the Virus.
- The Story Of How The First White Member Of Delta Sigma Theta Was A Segregationist’s Worst Nightmare
- On This Day in 1943: White Workers Riot After Black Workers Promoted in Mobile, Alabama
- Rhody McCoy, Key Figure in New York’s School Wars, Dies at 97
- Curator's Cut: An Inside Look at DC's Suffrage Exhibits (Wednesday May 27, 7:00 PM EDT)