SOURCE: In These Times
Article on History of Failed Bipartisanship Features Quotes from Manisha Sinha, Eric Foner, Corey Robin, Thomas Frank, Nancy Maclean, and Rick Perlstein
by Branko Marcetic
Biden wants to bring the parties together. But for 50 years, that's meant the Right winning every time.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Louis Galambos
History provides a lesson about how the United States can return to bipartisanship and more civil political discourse.
by Sheldon M. Stern
What Republican hardliner Charlie Halleck told JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- History Says Bloomberg 2020 Would Be a Sure Loser
- Then and now: How Trump impeachment hearing is different
- Poland asks Netflix to make changes to documentary about Nazi death camp guard
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Russian Historian Professor, Found With Bag of Severed Arms, Admits He Killed Student
- Black Perspectives Publishes Online Forum: "Researching, Teaching, and Embodying the Black Diaspora"
- Distinguished professor, civil war historian James I. “Bud” Robertson Jr. passes away
- Noel Ignatiev, scholar who called for abolishing whiteness, dies at 78
- Historians Elizabeth Catte, Rebecca Solnit, and Peniel Joseph Quoted in Washington Post Article, "The Democrats Are Moving Left. Will America Follow?"
- When Southern Historians Made History Themselves