SOURCE: In These Times
Article on History of Failed Bipartisanship Features Quotes from Manisha Sinha, Eric Foner, Corey Robin, Thomas Frank, Nancy Maclean, and Rick Perlstein
by Branko Marcetic
Biden wants to bring the parties together. But for 50 years, that's meant the Right winning every time.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Louis Galambos
History provides a lesson about how the United States can return to bipartisanship and more civil political discourse.
by Sheldon M. Stern
What Republican hardliner Charlie Halleck told JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- Joe Biden is making a Supreme Court promise. Ronald Reagan did, too.
- Land Deed for Pioneering School Sheds Light on an Early American Anti-Slavery Effort
- Pathologizing Politics: Eugenics and Political Discourse in the Modern United States
- Behind Dover Publications’ eclectic 10,000-title catalog lies a remarkable story of 20th century innovation
- Could Never Bernie Make It a Contested Convention? Here's 4 Contested Conventions in Presidential Election History
- Historian Heidi Tworek Interviewed on the History Behind Coronavirus Racism
- Gordon Wood Reviews Mary Beth Norton's ‘1774’ for the Wall Street Journal
- Black Perspectives Reviews Black Banking and Women Financial Power Brokers
- A lost history, recovered: Faded records tell the story of school segregation in Virginia
- H.R. McMaster book `Battlegrounds’ coming out in April