SOURCE: Pacific Standard Magazine
Princeton University historian Kevin Kruse offers lessons in how to push back against the claims of the far right
His battle with Dinesh D’Souza.
by Adam Laats
The rightwing activist makes the bogus argument that the GOP is the party of racial justice. But facts won’t carry the day.
That’s the reason name historians show up in his widely discredited film.
At a screening in northern Ohio’s Medina County, it was a hit.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
by Ronald Radosh
His crackpottery is being applauded in conservative outlets that seem to have been infected by a strain of whataboutism that one could call Trump Derangement Derangement Syndrome.
SOURCE: The Hill
Conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, who was recently pardoned by President Trump, is making comparisons for his next film between the Democratic resistance to Trump and how Democrats didn’t accept President Lincoln’s reelection during the Civil War.
SOURCE: The American Conservative
by Paul Gottfried
Forget Trump---Goldberg, Prager, and D’Souza muddle facts to sell books all the time.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
A Case Western Reserve historian spotted the error.
by Michael Todd Landis
Here’s the sad truth.
- Trump’s Supreme Court Justices Show How They Might Help Him in Contested Election
- Two Visions of the Suburbs Are on the Ballot. Both Are Myths
- FBI Won’t Deliver Report on White-Supremacist Terror Threat Until After Election
- VMI Superintendent Steps Down Amid Allegations Of 'Structural Racism'
- Arizona Education Board Votes To Require Students Learn About The Holocaust, Other Genocides
- How Democrats Can Learn Hardball From the Republicans of 1861
- When a Kidnapping Ring Targeted New York’s Black Children (Review)
- To Understand The Spectacle Of Presidential Debates, Look Back To 1960, Says Harvard Historian
- If only Richard Nixon had Listened to Jackie Robinson — The GOP Might be Doing Better than Trump Today
- "Time's Monster" by Priya Satia Review – Living in the Past