Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before: A Study in the Politics and Aesthetics of English Misery
by Owen Hatherley
Owen Hatherley reflects on the last two UK general elections by charting the musical evolution of The Smiths.
by Jason Pack
Halloween held a ghoulish surprise for American President Donald Trump and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson. As a result of their hubris, they were both forced to watch their longstanding dreams of unbridled executive authority die in the ditch of rule of law.
SOURCE: The Guardian
by Nick Cohen
Self-interested and reckless leadership defines too much of our past – and present.
SOURCE: History Today
Featuring Ali Ansari, Miranda Malins, D.H. Robinson, and Jonathan Fitzgibbons.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Eliga Gould
Given the similarities between the U.S. and U.K. political systems and the personal parallels – and affection – between Johnson and U.S. President Donald Trump, Americans might wonder whether the president has a similar power to suspend Congress.
by Esau Williams
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, the boy who once said he wanted to be ‘world king,’ has finally realized his life-long ambition of becoming British Prime Minister.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Jesse Tumblin
Instead of solving intractable problems, public referendums simply exacerbate them.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
He has compared the European Union’s aims to those of Adolf Hitler, arguing that the 28-nation bloc is creating a superstate that mirrors the attempt of the Nazi leader to dominate the European continent.
- 131-Year-Old Confederate Statue Removed From Alexandria Intersection
- All the History I Learned in my Youth Came from the American Girl Doll Books
- Is This the Worst Year in Modern American History?
- Role-Playing Games are Breathing New Life into the History Classroom
- Dallas Awarded $50,000 to Preserve Civil Rights History
- What Is Antifa, the Movement Trump Wants to Declare a Terror Group?
- Confronting the History of a Southern Asylum: An Interview With Mab Segrest
- Nazi or Hero? Historian Looks at the Stories a German Consultant Told of His Father
- History, Right Now: Echoes of 1968, and Other American Years
- Don't Assume There'll be a 'Post-COVID-19 Era' - Historian Niall Ferguson Tells World vs Virus